Friday, September 4, 2009

Direct bill pay...directly impacting my blood pressure.

Just like many others when the notion of direct bill pay was invented I thought, GREAT! Now I don't have to remember to pay all my bills on time. (I have a severe delinquency problem when it comes to repetitive activities. The usual... showing, brushing my teeth, feeding the dog.)

So here I was delighted that I would not ruin my credit by forgetting to pay my mortgage on the 1st, association on the 3rd, cc#1 on the 4th, student loans on the 10th & 11th, cc#2 on the 17th, computer bill on the 29th, plus some where in there falls, cable, gas, cell phone, insurance, car payment.... I would be paying bills every other day FOREVER if it wasn't for automatic payments.

All is well and good with these as long as you keep on top of them! Making sure they are charging you the correct amount by checking your bill. (Something I rarely do.) I was once overcharged by a certain cell phone carrier $900!! Do you get the cash back?? NO! Of Course they wouldn't do that! But I surely was credited for the next 7 months...

My frustration today is stopping the auto payments. Now that I'm married and consolidating bank accounts I'm having the hardest time trying to close them all. After years of auto pay and a not so great (or existent) filing system I don't remember what password goes to what. I was just told that my account did not exist by one creditor. OH REALLY well then why have you been taking $159.96 out of my bank account for the last FIVE YEARS!!!

The verdict is still out but, I will continue to wait on this phone listing to champagne supernova musack until they find my auto pay and cancel it.

1 hr 42 min 36 seconds and counting...

1 comment:

  1. You're too adorable, Mollie:) I can only guess that DirecTV is one of your auto bill pays, they are partial to Champagne Supernova...Hope life is good!

    ReplyDelete